Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, August 24, 2009

Where For Art Thou, Summer?

On July 30 we celebrated Davey's birthday. It was on a Sunday and it was his weekend to work so Tay and I picked him up a cake for a little celebratory surprise. He'd had a rough day and immediately changed into what we'll call 'less than photographic quality lounging attire' so he refused to let me take a picture of him.


But I did get a picture of the cake which, of course, is the most important part. 

In other news, we had big plans to make our last summer weekend an awesome one. As I outlined last week, we planned to hit the zoo and movies and all kinds of other fun stuff. Well, most of it happened but we were thrown a few curveballs Saturday morning that almost made this Type A mama freak out!

We were up and at 'em early (after enjoying a divine dinner at 1424 the evening before - I highly recommend this one, y'all) and hit Wal-Mart before the tax free craziness (which I absolutely don't understand) hit the stores. All was good and well until Dave's phone rang between the bottled water and soda aisles.

He ended up having to go to up to the hospital because the blood gas machine wasn't working correctly and he was, apparently, the one on call. He planned to go from there to his son's softball tournament game (something else we didn't learn of until that morning) while I went to Zumba and then picked Tay up from my mom's house.

While I was harvesting my crops on FB (what else do you do with a few minutes of 'me' time?), Tay called and begged me to pick her up early so off I went to Troy. Obviously I missed Zumba, right?

Dave, unfortunately, was still at the hospital when I got home so I popped in a DVD and did a quick five miles. By the time he got home, though, it was way too hot to go to the zoo. So we went to see Aliens in the Attic (very cute film) and then hopped on over to the dollar theater for Ice Age (also awesome) and $1 hot dogs for dinner.

Who says we don't know how to have a good time?

Yesterday Tay and I went to church while Dave slept the morning away. He claims he didn't hear me try to wake him up but we all know better. The final private gym lesson took place shortly after church and then we cleaned house for the better part of the afternoon. After a yummy steak dinner, we were all spent and hit the hay a little earlier than usual.

Thrilling, I know, but someone has to live on the edge, right?

And there you have it, folks. Summer is officially on its way out of the building. If only it's 128-degree days would go as well...school starts on Wednesday and I've already been told my services will not be needed that morning as Miss Thang says she will be walking into school by herself.

Guess I'll have to enjoy Meet the Teacher this evening since I'm just a set of wheels at this point. I was hoping that would wait until we moved up to intermediate school but apparently not...

1 comments:

Katie said...

Thank you for being sensitive enough to the LORD to stop and pray for me throughout your day! Wow. I'm sure that's just when I need it most.

Happy anniversary!