Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer in Review






Now that Summer '09 has officially come and almost gone (still a few hours left, right?), I thought a nice little wrap-up was in order. So, what did we do this summer?


  • Tay took golf lessons again.
  • We visited the da Vinci exhibit at the Mayborn Museum.
  • She went off to church camp for the first time. And I did, indeed, survive.
  • We went to Disney World and had the time of our lives!
  • Pop went to live with Jesus and was reunited with Nan.
  • Tay spent a whole week with Maw Maw in Lousiana.
  • We celebrated Fourth of July at Aunt Anna's house.
  • Little Dude was found in our backyard and found a new home with the rehabilitator.
  • I turned 31.
  • Dave turned 42.
  • Boppy was baptized.
  • Tay was baptized a week later.
  • All three of us joined a church. As a family. Wow - God is good!
  • Dave began playing church league softball.
  • I continued to Zumba.
  • Miss Thang continued gymnastics throughout the summer.
  • The puppy posse tried to stay as cool as possible. :-)
  • Dave went with me to an enrollment management conference in San Antonio.
  • Miss Thang enjoyed countless movies, trip to the pool and skating fun at Play & Learn.
We had an incredibly busy and fun summer - probably the best ever! It is such a blessing to work at a place where your work/life balance is a priority. I cannot begin to tell you how much stress the move to Baylor has lifted in my life. Dave appreciates it as well because I'm not nearly as cranky as I used to be :-)

As we begin the fourth grade and embark on new adventures, what is most striking to me is how much closer we've become over the summer. There is only One who could have made this difference in our lives and I will spend the rest of my days praising Him.

0 comments: