Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 27, 2009

School Days, School Daze

I'm really glad Ms. Davis is my teacher because the others were actually teaching today. I certainly don't want that on the first day of school.
~Taylor, on beginning 4th grade

Ah yes, I remember this insanity. It's what happens when the school year begins anew. When my precious 'tween-aged child is not yet used to getting up early again. And has, apparently, forgotten how to put on her tennis shoes since that's what sent her into a foot-stomping meltdown this morning.

And, guess what? Gymnastics hasn't even started yet. That bit of fun will begin again next week on Mondays and Thursdays. Dave's church league softball on Tuesdays. Church on Wednesday nights. And I'm supposed to get in 4-5 workouts a week when?

In the mornings. Before work. Tried it earlier this week and it was actually ok. You know, since I was half asleep and didn't feel much of the pain or exhaustion until about 9pm when I was rendered officially useless.

So Miss Taylor did actually enjoy the first day of school. She was dressed cute as a bug after no small amount of discussion about what to actually don for this milestone of a day. She really likes her teacher but I'm not sure if her reasoning is going to hold up for long. I'm thinking they'll begin studying sooner than later for the dreaded TAKS tests.

Please, Jesus, don't let my child be stricken with such extreme test anxiety again this year. I'm not sure I can handle that and preteen hormones at the same time. Or maybe I'll just have to step up my prayer life...

Once I'm fairly coherent and am at home where I'm able to upload photos, I'll be sure to share the ones from the first day of school. They were taken in our driveway since I wasn't allowed to walk Miss Thang to her class. They're still cute, though!

Happy Thursday!

0 comments: