Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, August 17, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer

Happy last week (depending upon which school district you live in) of Summer 2009!


Miss Taylor starts the 4th grade next Wednesday (still not sure how she keeps getting older while I don't age a bit) so we spent our last Girls' Weekend (Davey works every other weekend, remember?) enjoying the lazy days of summer.

Well, actually, Saturday wasn't all that lazy as we went to Cinnabon (had to get some to go because it would be 30 minutes before any were ready - who does that?!?!), Starbuck's, Zumba, Furniture Row and Wal-Mart (both for shopping and nails) before heading home to clean house and finish the laundry.

It was a long but fun day. Miss Thang got a new pack of Littlest Pet Shop animals and was in hog heaven playing with them while I harvested my crops (anyone else on FB addicted to Farm Town/Ville?) and cleaned house. Yes, in that order. Got to have priorities, after all.

Before I show any pics, let me put out a disclaimer that they were all taken with my phone. And the object was usually moving. Quality stinks but the memories shine!

So the last time we went to Wal-Mart, Tay thought this was hilarious. I have to concur.

On Sunday, we went to church and then headed to the gym for her weekly private lesson. Then we decided to throw caution to the wind and had a Lunchable picnic at YMCA pool. And, of course, we actually swam too.

She specifically asked that I take a picture (and post it) of the splash her cannonball elicited. So here you go.
Ahhhh - what a precious little girl. She's sweet, sassy, smart and funny. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
What else have we been up to? Well, we (and by 'we,' I mean Taylor) found this amusing school supply at the mecca that is Dollar Tree last week. I thought it was stinkin' hilarious.

I do have some more pictures to share but will spread them out this week so your retinas don't begin bleeding. After all, there's no amount of concealer or powder that can make that attractive. :-)

On another note, please keep Baby Reese's family in your prayers today as they celebrated her life this afternoon and will also be burying her today. I cannot imagine what they are feeling but do know Katie has been an amazing witness for God during these trying days. If you have a few minutes, check out her blog and pictures of her beautiful family.

0 comments: