Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hello, Howdy, How Do You Do?

As you have probably noticed, I'm a bit off of my blogging game right now. 


Generally, I upload all of my pictures to Facebook and then retrieve them during my lunch hour to add to posts and we're good to go (our computer at home take f-o-r-e-v-e-r to do this little task so it's just easier that way). However, FB is acting nuts right now so all of my pics are stuck on the house computer.

I can hear them crying for me but, alas, I am powerless to save them.

Until I can figure out what the issue is, you may have to deal with some photo-less posts. I apologize in advance...

Anyway, we've had some exciting stuff go in the last few weeks. 

My stepdad (better known to blog readers as Boppy), who was born and raised in the Episcopal church, converted to Baptist and was baptized in Belton Lake during an outdoor (obviously) service on August 2. That date also happens to be my late grandfather's (on my mom's side) birthday so it was a special one for sure.

Last week Miss Tay stayed with Nana and Boppy all week to attend Vacation Bible School at their church. This has become quite the tradition - Nana teaches Tay's class and they both have a ball. We attended their program last Friday evening and then enjoyed a leisurely Saturday. We were resting up for another big day last Sunday.

What happened, you might ask?

Well, you're in luck, because I'm feelin' a bit chatty. (I know, like that's ever NOT the case, right?)

But I digress...

So last Sunday Miss Taylor was baptized at the local YMCA, where we work out, in the super cool pool. This was awesome news because she had previously been a bit shy about actually going through with it. When our pastor emailed me last week about this, I was so excited because I just knew she'd feel more comfortable in this familiar and relaxed setting. I think it helped that she'd seen Boppy do it the week before as well.

The other wrinkle in the story is that we have been "visiting" our church for the past 18 - yes, 18 - months. We love it, knew it was the one for us almost immediately, and considered ourselves members for most intensive purposes; however, we were waiting for Tay so we could all join together. Add in the fact that Dave works every other weekend and it was tricky thing, you see.

Lo and behold, on Sunday, August 9, we finally did it and are official members at Brazos Meadows. Can I get a 'woo hoo?'

And perhaps an award for the 'longest to visit without actually making a commitment?'

So, you see, we have been quite busy. (And I didn't even tell you about the Willow Creek Leadership Summit, which was transforming, I'll have you know.) And I do have pictures to prove it. If FB ever starts acting right again.

At least Farm Town hasn't been affected. If it had, my hubby would - no doubt - have a meltdown. A big one. As anyone else who actually calculates the ROI of each crop, wishes for a bullwhip to take out a horse, and fires their avatar would.

Right?!?!

0 comments: