Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Prayers for Baby Reese

My heart has been extremely heavy for the past couple of days so I haven't really been in the mood to blog. One of my sorority sisters from Baylor, Mandy, has a sweet and beautiful sister named Katie. She went through a rough patch earlier this summer as she had meningitis. As if that wouldn't have been bad enough, she was also pregnant with her second child - a baby girl to be named Reese - at the time.

Many prayers were said for this sweet family at the time and we were all so thankful Katie and Reese made it through that trial. Unfortunately, they are now experiencing a situation I can only describe as unfathomable.

You see, Reese was in some distress Tuesday so an emergency C-section was performed. She was not breathing when she was born and is currently in a coma and is ventilator dependent. While initial tests revealed she was brain dead, they are running further tests before this precious family will have to make some tough decisions.

Katie, Jason, their son Zach and the entire White and Rowe families have been on my mind non-stop since hearing this news. I cannot imagine what they are going through as we experienced nothing of this sort when Taylor was born. What I do know is that this is a wonderful family who, though rock solid in their faith, has to be experiencing unimaginable pain right now.

I know miracles still happen and I pray one will be done in Reese. However, if that is not the case, my prayer is that these families will experience a peace that passes all understanding sent from above. Please join me in this prayer and, if you would like to see pictures of this precious baby, check out Katie's blog.

0 comments: