Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, August 21, 2009

Six Years and Counting






August 21, 2003

That's the day my man and I were married. In Port Aransas, Texas. At the courthouse. After a proposal over laundry. Honeymoon in the pop-up camper - on the beach - followed.

And you know what?

It was the best decision I ever made. Not because things have been easy. They certainly have not. And there were a few years where we did our darndest to absolutely destroy each other. We had nothing nice to say to each other and didn't hold back a lick on the negative stuff. 

We, at one point or the other, probably detested each other and even made it to the attorney's office once or twice.

But you know what?

The fact of the matter is that we love each other deeply. And we both needed to grow up. And we both needed to let go. And let God.

Once we did, our lives changed. For the better. Forever.

The past 18 months have been grand. Our family is the strongest it's ever been. And we have some pretty exciting projects on the horizon that I'd love you to remember in prayer although I have to be a bit vague at this point (sorry :-).

The truth of the matter is that Dave is my best friend. My protector. Our provider. Snake killer. Pick-on-you-until-you-want-to-smack-him. Makes me laugh on an every day (if not hourly) basis. 

And I wouldn't change any of it. Not for the world.

Because my God is big. Not only did He show up in our marriage - He showed OUT, girlfriends!

And I will be eternally grateful. Because I would have missed out on big fun if we hadn't let Him do His thing.

To celebrate, the little one is spending the night with Nana and Boppy while we check out 1424, a restaurant downtown we've never tried. We're excited about doing that and then picking Tay up tomorrow to hit the new Asian exhibit at the zoo. And then going to the movies. 

Then going to church on Sunday - the one we joined as a family a couple of weeks ago.

Together. As a family. The way I thought for many years that it never would be.

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess for He who promised is faithful!
Hebrews 10:23 

0 comments: