Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

No Longer 30

Since I knew Dave and I would be heading to San Antonio for a conference on enrollment management at the end of July, Tay and I spent my birthday weekend taking it easy and lounging around. Seems to be the theme of July for us, huh?


Anyway, she spent some time loving on Bo. She loved on the other two as well but I just wasn't around with the camera at the time...



On my actual birthday (7/19), Dave had to work so Miss Tay took it upon herself to make sure I had a special morning. She made me a card and even wrote a sweet verse in it. It was decorated with purple fireworks because a) I like fireworks and b) purple is my favorite color.

Who wouldn't love waking up to that face?


She also enlisted this little guy's help in singing 'Happy Birthday.' You see, he has a recorder inside - push one hand and record a message, push the other and he plays it back. She had recorded herself singing to me and I got to hang out with him all day.

After church we met Nana and Boppy at Don Carlos for lunch. It was super yummy and I got to open presents in the middle of a restaurant that does think that means 'ok, now let's see how loud we can sing and embarrass her.' But they did give me fried ice cream. Success, any way you slice it.

Afterward we headed over to Davey's hospital (aka Hillcrest) because he really wanted to give me my birthday present. He'd apparently been scoping it out for weeks and had been discussing it with the nurses...he's not much of a present guy so this was an extra special treat.

And I L-O-V-E it.

Wouldn't you?

Tay sent me to my room for a while and then called me back into the living room for a fruit snack/rollup party with the stuffed members of the family. She took pictures herself to document the occasion.

Super sweet, don't ya think?

Then she went back to hanging out with her pups while I made shrimp fetuccine alfredo for dinner. To go along with the red velvet cake with butter cream icing I'd made the day before. It was divine if I do say so myself!

Thirty was the year I actually felt like a grown-up and it was truly one of the best years of my life. I'm praying 31 will be even better :-)

0 comments: