Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

And BOOM Goes the Dynamite

Well, it's been a LONG time coming but I couldn't be more excited about the Baylor men's basketball team playing for a national championship tomorrow night. Now I know it's not the NCAA but, really, does it matter? I mean, only two teams end the season without losing in the last tourney - NIT and NCAA champs - so, in my opinion, it doesn't make a hill of beans.

The fact is that these seniors have won more games than any other senior class in Baylor history. The team has overcome extreme adversity and built this program from the nothingness that was left with Dave Bliss' pathetic departure.

I have NEVER been more proud to be a Baylor Bear and, yes, that even includes when the women won the NCAA championship. Don't get me wrong, I think those ladies overcame more than any other team in the country themselves this year, but Scott Drew now has a legacy...and he deserves it!
So I hope you'll join me on Thursday evening as I scream, clap, jump up and down and say things like 'I just don't have any idea why that Penn State boy thinks he can compete with our boys' and 'What is a nittany lion anyway?'

I say bring on the confetti and send these seniors out with a BOOM! 

Because, truly, they are DYNAMITE!

Hats off to you, K-Rog, CJ, Tweety, Kool and the Gang, The Mayor, Dugat and the ever fiesty Coach Drew. You are a joy to watch and almost - I said ALMOST - make me want to try my hand at basketball...

0 comments: