Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 30, 2009

TAKS, Part Deaux

In continuing with the TAKS saga,  I thought I'd let everyone know we have conquered the beast. Yep, you read that right. Miss Thang took the math portion of the state's standard test and came home proclaiming 'it was easy!' 


After looking around to make sure I wasn't hearing another child say that as opposed to mine, I can confirm that Tay did indeed think the exam was much easier than she'd anticipated. Don't get me wrong - we did have our fair share of drama the week before the culminated with my child breaking down and sobbing for an hour that there was just "no way" she'd pass "that stupid test."

It appears a few comments had been made by her teacher that were a bit of a scare tactic. Perhaps this is where I should mention that my child doesn't respond well to that type of motivation. She really needs more support and cheerleading. 

Insert mom, a wild 'Taylor can do anything' cheer done by dancing strawberries and lots of puppy sugar and MANY prayers...after a week of that, she reported that she'd had a "power boost" and was up to 100% confidence and double checking skills (something we've struggled with all year) before entering school on Tuesday.

Whew!

That's all I have to say.

I truly cannot tell you how happy I am to have this behind us. My grandmother used to teach school and contends that third grade is the hardest transition of all. I wholeheartedly believe her and am praying next year will be a bit more smooth.

Please, God.  Pretty please?

Anyway, here's the photographic evidence that Miss Thang is back to acting like herself.

Again, thank you, Lord.

Miss Thang headed out to school and then celebrating afterward.



As you can see, the puppy posse was greatly worried about this test as well. They appear pretty stoic but I'm absolutely certain they were trembling with fear on the inside. As you can see, Bo was so worn out by the end of the evening that he could no longer hold his head up. That happens every evening but I'm quite sure this time it was all because of TAKS. :-)




1 comments:

Frugal Jen said...

You were selected as one of my 5 recepients for the pay it forward. Please email me your address my email is jenrudd@sbcglobal.net