Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, April 17, 2009

Resurrection Sunday

Ok, I'm working my way through the pictures and you'll be happy to know we've reached the end of our photographic journey through Easter. My grandmother's pastor called it Resurrection Sunday and I loved that sentiment so I've adopted it for my very own now...but at least I'm giving credit where it's due, right?


So Sunday morning we woke up and the Easter Bunny had indeed hopped through backwoods Louisiana. Funny thing - he resorted to his old ways (ie when I was a kid and lived there) by stealing the baskets strawberries come in from the farm and filling them with all manner of candy eggs. Then he hid them all over the house so Tay could have a little scavenger hunt. The only thing she really wanted was a new alarm clock (specifically, one with a snooze button) and, as you see in the photos, EB came through. She's really enjoyed using this week - perhaps a little too much :-)




After enjoying an Easter cantata and mini-sermon by Brother Boyd, we returned home and decided a few four generation picture was needed. (Side Note: can I just tell you how much one was needed? In the old one, everyone looked great except for me. It was awful...but I've obviously lived to tell about it.)



We had a yummy lunch, got Boppy and Muffin on the road back to Texas and then enjoyed an indoor Easter egg hunt. It was rather stormy by this time so outside was definitely out of the question.




Tay absolutely loved this egg - it was her favorite so I was instructed to photograph it. And then post it to her site. Giant check on the 'to do' list.

Oh yeah, and because we all know Miss Tay adores any and every animal, I thought I'd share these pics of Bailey...


These were absolutely the cutest Easter chocolates I'd ever seen so I, of course, must share them with my online buddies.



0 comments: