Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bluebonnets on the Way to LA

I have quite a few pics from the Easter trip to Louisiana so I'm going to share them in (what I hope are) several logical groupings. So, on the way, I began thinking we might find a good bluebonnet patch once we got around the Brenham area. I really didn't want to miss out on the blue blanket experience this year but just hadn't gotten around to getting Tay out and about for a photo shoot.


So I'm pondering this when, lo and behold, we see this...


Now, I love this picture but let me just confess that it absolutely does not do the scene justice. There were ACRES of bluebonnets with cows interspersed throughout. I mean, could a girl ask for more?

Just as I'm picking up my phone to let my mom know that WE WILL be stopping there on the way back (Boppy came back a day early so it was just the girls on the way back), I see Don dart over and turn around...nice U-turn, Boppy...

So we had a little impromptu shoot complete with Muffin the cat...because, really, what bluebonnet picture is complete without a kitty cat? And, because Don is ALWAYS taking pictures of us, I made him get out there for a few shots of his own...

Taylor, Boppy and Muffin

Mommy and Tay

Taylor, Nana and Muffin

Miss Taylorbug...had I known we'd encounter this site, I would have dressed her more 'bluebonnet appropriate'...you'll have to excuse our wardrobe choice this year...

0 comments: