Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, April 27, 2009

March for Babies

This weekend Miss Tay and I were on our own as it was Davey's weekend to work in the NICU. We affectionately refer to these as our girls' weekends and always have tons of fun. This one was certainly no exception but we added a new dimension and it was also productive. Crazy, right?


The first thing we did on Friday afternoon was to ban the use of words such as 'school,' 'TAKS,' 'test,' and anything school 's-word' related. My thought is that Miss Thang just needed to chill out and relax before taking the math portion of the TAKS tomorrow. She's been so wound up that the poor child literally could not think straight so this was a well-needed respite.

Saturday morning, we headed out to Hillcrest for the March for Babies. Seeing as Dave works with tiny babies each and every day, this is one cause that's close to our heart. We truly don't have a lot of causes because I get too overwhelmed with wanting to do everything for everyone. Knowing this about myself, we're limited - for the most part - to Susan G. Komen (in honor of Brandi), March of Dimes and Fuzzy Friends Animal Rescue. We'll be adding Compassion Ministries to that soon but I don't anticipate the number growing out of control...

Anyway, Tay and I had a good time. Not a great time. But a good time. Let's just say the little one was more excited about participating and walking over three miles BEFORE we got there. Once there, not so much. We did get in 2.5 out of the 3 laps, though, and then headed over to the NICU to see Davey. One of the little ones they're taking care of right now has a grandpa who works for Blue Bell. Needless to say, they're stocked with creamy treats right now so Tay's highlight of the morning was an...wait for it...ice cream sandwich.

I forgot my camera but did sneak in a few pics with my phone...we had a much better photo shoot yesterday and I'll share those tomorrow...forgot to download them last night...was too busy being productive (aka cleaning out the garage)...

Cheesing it up...I love this pic...she hates it...go figure
You want me to do what?
When will this thing start?
Guess I'll just have to eat a snow cone until the show gets on the road...


See that giant fountain? There are TWO of them in the lake we were to walk around. Couple those tall sprays of water with 20 mph winds and what do you get? A bunch of muddy, slippery sidewalks and one walker (aka ME) whose curly hair goes NUTS!!!

0 comments: