Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, April 24, 2009

New Addition to Our Family (not what you're thinking)



When I awoke this morning, I had absolutely no idea what I was going to post about today. We all know I simply can't close out the week without blogging so it looked for a while we were going to focus on me whining about yet another TAKS test debacle (trust me, that one would go on for days it it reached a climax when my 9-year-old broke out in a SOB worried about whether or not she was going to pass the math portion...) or the fact that I'm bemoaning the fact that my hair simply doesn't have a 'casual' mode (all curly goodness all the time...all styles requiring major effort and planning).

You are in luck today, my friends, because the Lord divinely placed the wonderful graphic you see above on Boomama's blog and I was immediately convicted. You see, I've been mulling over using some of the funds I'm saving on a monthly basis by firing my housekeeper (also another long, sad story) to sponsor a child through Compassion Ministries. I recently read Melissa's post on the LPM blog and she left today to travel to India. While she's there, she'll be meeting the children she sponsors. How awesome would that be?

So I immediately jumped over to the Compassion site and began soaking of information. Did you know it only costs $32 per month to sponsor one of these precious children? This money provides them with food, medical care, and they learn about Jesus as well - among other things. Now, I ask you, how many of us can't spare $32 per month?

When I did my search, I looked for the child who had been waiting the longest for sponsorship...looks like we'll be the extended family of an 11-year-old little boy shortly...

And that, I think, is a fine way to wrap up the week!

Without any whining.

0 comments: