Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Perfection!


Remember all that whining I did about the TAKS test? About how I was really worried about Tay taking it because she has extreme test anxiety? That I wasn't sure it would be a good measure of her skills because of said anxiety?


Well, Miss Thang totally made a liar out of me and ROCKED IT OUT on the reading portion of the TAKS test. In fact, she did not miss a single question. Yes, you read that right...not one question...

Last Friday I picked her up from after school care and asked her if she'd gotten her results (the mom of one of her friends had written on her Facebook page about Caroline getting 100% so that's how I knew) and she quickly ran back to her cubbie because she'd left the letter there. When we got in the car, she insisted on being the one to open it but it's kind of hard to decipher if you're 9 years old so she didn't really know what it meant. 

Being the patient (not) parent I am, I just couldn't wait until we got home so I read it at a red light. When I realized that she had a perfect score, my precious little one just giggled and giggled and giggled. Then she shouted 'I'm SO HAPPY!' Over and over and over again this process repeated itself. Too cute!

And then it happened. Taylor proved, without a doubt that she is just like her mother. She said 'Well, this calls for cake.' I couldn't have agreed more!

So we went home and had celebratory pizza, called Nana and Boppy and Maw Maw as well. The next day was the Hillcrest ribbon cutting and my parents were coming down with Aunt Anna (my mom's good friend) so we went to Olive Garden (she wanted cheesecake) and had a feast. The waiter sang her a congratulatory song and we had three types of dessert...Miss Tay sampled them all. :-)

Now we're getting ready for the math portion on April 28. The only problem I see is that Tay told me she was now nervous because she's afraid she won't make 100% on the math test. So we've been having discussions about how it's ok not to be perfect, not missing any on a standardized test isn't all that common, etc. I'm just praying that her test anxiety won't crop back up with her trying to repeat her results...

In the meantime, this calls for cake!

0 comments: