Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, March 20, 2009

OTB Precedes GTB

Sorry for the title...I was running out of clever titles for the many chapters of our Spring Break fun. On Saturday, Dave had to go back to work so Miss Tay and I set out for some girly-girl fun. We had to fuel up first so we went to On the Border. Mexican food is always a hit with the little one because they have 'chips and cheese.' Not queso...cheese... What?!

Then we headed to Got to Bead, which is a shop in Hewitt owned by one of the ladies from our church. I'm a jewelry junkie and Tay loves anything crafty so we had an absolutely fabulous time. And we will go back very soon...like next weekend when Davey's back at work and it's just the girls :-)...

Tay made this cute cross necklace flanked by yellow and red glass beads...
I made this silver glass bead/pearl bracelet and I absolutely LOVE IT...
You can't see it very well but this is Tay's bracelet. The tiny beads are like little disco balls. They reflect all kinds of colors. And the dangle charms are different animals...giraffe, zebra, monkey, etc. Perfect for my little animal lover! Less than 3 hours later, she was convinced she'd lost it but, thankfully, it just came off in my bed and we found it the next day.

She didn't want me taking her pic while the work was in progress...can you tell?

Only one more Spring Break post left to go...and it's a good one...so stay tuned...

0 comments: