Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, March 30, 2009

Davey's New Hospital

When Dave first began working at Hillcrest (2 1/2 years ago), they had just completed the plans for the new hospital to be built on I-35. It was going to be absolutely beautiful, in a much more convenient location and a huge upgrade for the staff and patients.


So we've been watching it slowly change the skyline of good ol' Waco for some time and the entire town has been anticipating is opening. Each time we passed it, Taylor would check on the progress of what she termed 'Davey's new hospital.' Well, it's hard to believe but we're only a few days from it becoming a reality!

On Saturday, Taylor and I went to the associates' celebration and official ribbon cutting ceremony with Nana, Boppy and Nana's good friend, Aunt Anna. Both Nana and Aunt Anna are in the hospital business so they couldn't wait to see the newest facility in Texas. Unfortunately, Dave had to work but we had a great time anyway.

Hillcrest has a new partnership with Scott & White so I was able to see several of my friends from when I worked there and also got to see my old boss, Drayton McLane. It was SO CROWDED inside (had to be moved due to the weather) that I wasn't able to see him until I was leaving so we had a quick parking lot conversation.

The big move will happen on Saturday and, from what I can tell, everyone's really excited but also ready to get it over with. Dave will be transporting the neonates one by one on the ambulance so I'm sure it'll be a long day. For now, I'll leave you with a few shots of the new digs...



The new cafeteria has a brick oven for pizza...we can't wait to visit!
Standing in front of the NICU mural - that's 'where Davey works' and is the ONLY thing Miss Taylor wanted to see in the entire place...
Better shot of the mural
The walls of the NICU are lined with photos of NICU graduates...aren't they adorable?
This is the entrance to the NICU
The waterfall...the entire front of the hospital is glass so you have a great view from almost every room...
Looking out at the waterfall from the chapel...
The chapel...
Standing in the lobby and listening to MANY speakers...it was almost 45 minutes long...and three people passed out...
New and improved LDR rooms - can I just say what a HUGE upgrade this is from the one I had when Tay was born?
We really liked the waterfall...can you tell?
NICU...the top of the spokes now have murals on them as well...this was from a couple of weeks ago...

More NICU
Side view of NICU

0 comments: