Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Best Laid Plans...

On her way to take the reading TAKS test the week before Spring Break.

Think she was a bit excited to have that behind her? Now on to math, which is April 23.

So we were all pumped to go on our vacation to Louisiana but it wasn't to be...at least not over Spring Break anyway.

I got a call from Tay's school on Friday around lunchtime to come pick her up because she had a fever of 101.2. Luckily, I was able to get her in to see the doctor with me (he had a cancellation while I was on the phone - is that divine intervention or what?) that afternoon. The doc was absolutely shocked when her flu test came back negative so we breathed a sigh of relief and went home with lots of antibiotics for upper respiratory infections. He thought we'd no longer be contagious in 36 hours so we planned to head out Monday morning.

Well, Tay was definitely better and almost back to normal (just a bit weak) after 48 hours but I was still super sick and Dave began running a fever Sunday evening so, at that point, we knew it just wasn't in the cards. My grandmother had already been sick with this type of illness twice this year and she just didn't need to get it again. So we decided to stay home and recuperate with hopes to get out and do something fun with Tay later in the week. That was before we watched the weather...cold and rainy beginning Wednesday and lasting through the weekend. Tuesday was pretty rainy as well as the front began to come through.

We did manage to have some indoor fun toward the latter part of the week and are now planning to head to LA for Easter next month. While it was disappointing, I know there's a reason God didn't want us traveling last week and now I'm praying for good travel and no illness for both the upcoming trip to Maw Maw's and for our Disney trip in June as well.

I'm downloading a bunch of pics right now so there will be several posts this week documenting our activities from last week (which happened inbetween naps, by the way)...

Dave's all better now (he was taking Nyquil as a precautionary measure, which shortened the length of time he was sick) and so is Tay. I am still dizzy every time I blow my nose or move my head too quickly and can't stop coughing but I guess it'll take some time since I was sick for almost an entire week before getting meds. Yes, I know that wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done...

0 comments: