Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Night (or Afternoon) at the Museum

It's Wednesday and, yes, I have survived two days without my little one around asking a million questions, making numerous trips to my room just to tell me she loves me (heart melting as I type) and contributing more than her fair share to the laundry pile. 


In all fairness, though, as I told my friend Candice at lunch today (love you, girl!), I have been structuring my days so that I don't have all that much time to actually think about it. As you already know, I deferred all housework to this week so I'd have something to occupy my time so by the time I do that, laundry, go to the gym and eat dinner, it's pretty much time to pass out and start all over. 

See - there ARE some advantages to being 100% Type A and planning your every move!

Anyway, zumba class was so rough last night that I couldn't think straight so that helped a bit as well. About 15 minutes into the class, we realized the air conditioner had quit working. What happens when you combine a closed in aerobics room with an outside temp of 102 degrees and, like, 450% humidity? 

Glad you asked - I'll be glad to fill you in.

You get mirrors that are completely fogged over, a floor that is so slick you feel like you've gone back in time and are playing on a good ol' fashioned Slip 'n Slide and you don't even realize you've already lost 10 pounds in water weight from sweating because you're praying the entire time you won't do a face plant in the middle of all of the buff people standing around you.

Sweet mercy - I'm just happy to be alive today, friends!

Yesterday I promised more museum pics and, because I always deliver on those promises, you shall find them below.

She made me promise not to put this picture "anywhere" so don't tell her next time you see her, ok? Our little secret.

Blowing a giant bubble!

This contraption here is where I was injured during our trip last fall. You see, Tay convinced ME to stand in the middle while she created a bubble tube around yours truly. Then she immediately let go of the giant ring and it whacked me right in the temple. And created a knot. A really big one. Dave laughed. I cried. It was all good.

She hijacked my camera inside "the heart." This is about the time I learned she now stands at 4'11.5" tall. Hence, the deer in the headlights look. Perhaps I should invest in some higher heels soon?

Hangin' in the heart. It actually beats and she thinks it's awesome.

Miss Thang asked that this little fella be photographed. Why? Because she loves any and every animal she sees. And he was new. Otherwise, his picture would have already been taken.

She also loves starfish.

And sea shells (and I love this picture too).

Finally, what's a trip to the museum without the ceremonial picture of Tay sitting on top of the mammoth remains? Why, it wouldn't be a respectable trip. So, of course, here it is...

Off to send Miss Tay an email at camp (yes, I am THAT mom) and then I have to finish up some projects because we're going to Disney on Saturday. I have mentioned that, right? :-)

If I have fully recovered from the battleground that was zumba last night by the time I get home, I'll download the 'we're off to camp' pictures. 

Until then, try to stay cool, friends. It is a full-time job these days!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I was mentioned in your blog... I totally feel special! Love you girl!