Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Consider Me Schooled

Ok, y'all can now officially consider me schooled/baptized by fire/initiated or whatever else into the blog world. Remember a few days ago when I asked for prayer for a couple whose daughter has just been born? And that she had a chromosomal defect, Trisomy 13 specifically?


Well, I found out last night from MckMama and Angie's blogs that it was all a fictitious story. Heartsick didn't even begin to describe my feelings. 

So I hopped on over to Kelly's Korner where she addressed it with her usual class and compassion. Can I tell you how much I love these three women? And I've never met them. And probably won't this side of heaven but that's ok because we're all in this together.

So I want to apologize to anyone I pointed in that direction and for asking for prayer for a situation that was not what it appeared to be. What I know for sure is that this is surely a woman in need of prayer and intercession as seeking attention in this manner is neither healthy nor productive.

While I do not even know if there is an actual baby involved, at this point, I can only pray (and have over and over) for everyone involved in this situation. 

Well, that, and I can focus on the one bright spot I've found in the whole situation.

You see, I am a pretty cold person when it comes to many situations. Very black and white. Hard-hearted doesn't even begin to describe it but, make no mistake, I love my family with a fierceness that would rival Caroline on Real Housewives of New Jersey.

What I have been praying is that God would soften my heart, flood me with compassion for others and show me where I can contribute in helping in the lives of others. While this was only a small intercession, I do know that He is doing a work in me because, six months ago, I would have blown this off and not felt a thing.

So I am glad for that. And I am happy to be a small part of this wonderful virtual world. 

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it, friends. Just like glue.

So have a wonderful day and I'll be back tomorrow with summer fun pictures.

P.S. I do ask that you continue to pray for our friend who lost her 5-month-old to SIDS over the weekend. While I cannot imagine what they are feeling, I do know One who does and will be with them during this difficult time.

0 comments: