Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 11, 2009

It Must Be Summer

When I was down/uploading photos last night, I realized I've been a very naughty blogger and am a bit behind. So, instead of sharing our visit to the Mayborn Museum last Sunday (they have an awesome hands-on Leonardo Da Vinci exhibit right now), I will impart some other nuggets of goodness.


Well, maybe. Hopefully.

Anyway, when I was getting dressed on the last day of school, I asked Tay to go grab my camera out of the kitchen (that's where everyone keeps it, right?) so that I could capture her last day of third grade. 

Side note: I am HORRIBLE about taking pictures on the first/last day of school. In fact, this is probably the ONLY time I have ever actually accomplished the feat. Thankfully, I'm neurotic about documenting everything else with my camera so I still have hope that the child won't be scarred.

So she came back into the bathroom and decided to do a self portrait while I was in the final round of the daily fight I have with my hair. 

Additional side note: for all of you who have straight hair but think you would like to have curly hair, just know that I wish every morning about 7:05am that I had straight hair. Perhaps the grass is truly always greener...

I think she did a pretty good job. And you?

Then I had my turn and took this one. Please know that I did not make my child wear this shirt again for the third time in a week. The shirt that matches those super cute plaid shorts is underneath it. Apparently it was "t-shirt signing day" so we had to do a quick costume change mid-day.

We were a tiny bit excited about school being out. Can you tell?

Even Bo was ecstatic. I know, it doesn't look much different than his usual expression but the nuance is in his eyes...

To celebrate the final week of school and all, we went to the pool at the Y the Sunday before...

Tay really thought she was going to just love that giant mushroom waterfall. Until she stood underneath it anyway. She came back and said "It hurt my head." Guess there's some pressure behind that there 'fall.

So she decided to hang at the deep end instead.

This is one of the million "come on, Mommy, please come in" looks I got. Well, actually it was only about three because I'm a sucker. A sucker who ended up with prune feet and wet (curly) hair.

Here's wishing you many blissful days of summer, Bugga!


2 comments:

Sarah Gail said...

I saw your comment on the LPM blog and noticed that you live in Texas. When I clicked on your profile I saw that you work at Baylor. I do too! Do you know anyone else in Waco doing the summer study?

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your blog...enjoyed reading it....
I just posted the last of our Disney posts....
Hope you will enjoy it.
Stop by when you have some time.
I love all my new blog friends.