Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Absolutely Incredible News from an Absolutely Incredible Kid

See that face? That face that melts my heart, pushes me to be a better person and loves unconditionally? 


Well, I got some absolutely incredible news yesterday about this absolutely incredible kid.

It all started when I got a post on my Facebook wall yesterday from the wife (Carolyn) of one of our deacons (Mark). He is with the kiddos this week at church camp serving as one of the counselors. Let's just take a moment and say a prayer for him, shall we?

Ok, moving on.

Anyway, Carolyn wanted me to know my baby girl had accepted Christ the night before at camp! How amazing is that?

She has actually been flirting with this decision for quite some time (two years to be exact) as she first moved toward it at Vacation Bible School in summer 2007. Anyone who knows my Tay knows she does not make ANY decision lightly and puts a great deal of thought into EVERYTHING so it hasn't surprised me at all that she hasn't been ready to make a public decision until now.

I could not be more proud of my baby and now I really can't wait to see her tomorrow. I also now understand why some things happened right before she left. Let's just say she all of a sudden fell victim to an issue she overcame years ago and it reared its ugly head completely out of the blue. To the point that the morning she was to leave, she came to me crying and said she didn't want to go after all.

I thought, at that moment when I was crying right along with her, that God must have something big in store for the week because the devil sure was trying to discourage Miss Thang. Sometimes things begin to make sense all at once and it definitely clicked yesterday afternoon for me.

Disney's current theme is "What will you celebrate?" Up until this point, I just thought we were celebrating family but looks like we have something even bigger to celebrate.

Don't you think?

Yeah, me too.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

So proud of Taylor for going to camp and accepting Christ...what an incredible girl!