Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Field Day '09

Miss Taylor participated in the ever popular Field Day a couple of weeks ago. It was on a Friday so Dave was already off and I headed over to Panther Field during my lunch break so I could watch as she put all the skills she learned in PE to use.

First, I would just like to say that I did not get the memo about tug o' war being THE signature event of Field Day. Due to work issues, I wasn't able to attend either her first or second grade day of fun so I had absolutely no idea how much these kids get into it. It was awesome!

This was actually the last event of the day but it was just too much stinkin' fun to put the pictures at the bottom.

Her class actually took second place in this event. They didn't fare quite as well with the overall competition but they certainly gave it their all.

Being cheered on by Mrs. Fertsch, her teacher for homeroom, reading, spelling and language arts.


This Mrs. Creppon, Taylor's teacher for math, science and social studies.




Demonstrating her soccer moves. This wasn't her best event...she really thrives when she's able to throw the ball instead of kick it. In fact, she throws really well.

The PE teachers.

Oh yeah - gettin' my run on!

Close-up of Mrs. Fertsch and, no, I have no idea why Tay was sporting a middle part and wearing that goofy grin.

Moving on to volleyball...

Waiting her turn...

There was lots of waiting around to be done...

If you click on this picture, you can see that she has on her hat that they made at the Christmas party for Field Day. I was so proud of her for keeping up with it for 5 months! It's white with a blue paw print on the front and her name is written - IN CURSIVE - on the brim.

Do the flip, man!

That concludes the excitement of Field Day. Unfortunately, I'm still not totally out of my funk yet so wittiness and amusing rants are eluding me for the time being. Here's hoping for better tomorrow :-)...after all, tomorrow IS the last day of school so it's quite possible the excitement will be infectious!

0 comments: