Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Farewell to 6th Grade

So last Friday my girl completed her last day of sixth grade, which was also the end of the intermediate school era. In August she will be a seventh grader. In middle school.

But I will resist calling her a middle schooler until that time.

First day of school photos are always so much happier at our house...


...than last day of school pics.


She has had an amazing year. Not only is she taller and a much more skilled volleyball player but she's just a really cool kid. Who makes me laugh. A lot. Every single day.

Taylor is a compassionate friend who stays away from drama (thank you, Jesus). She's a peacemaker, which means she's friends with everyone and we never know which sweet friends will be a part of our weekend plans.

And I'm absolutely ok with that because she is truly the kid I wanted to be when I was her age. :-)

Though our year was not without a bit of 'tween drama and growing pains, she brought home almost all A's throughout the year and is someone who we know we can trust.

And that is huge.

I love you more than you could possibly know, Taylor, and I am so incredibly proud to be your mom. God truly blessed us with you, my darling, and we are so looking forward to making amazing memories during this last summer before middle school.

0 comments: