Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, June 10, 2011

Week End Rambling

Anyone else glad it's Friday?

If not, I've got enough excitement to go around but I just thought I'd ask... :-)

I've been trying to follow Rambo's lead this week and stop to smell the roses a bit more. The month of May just about does me in every year and this one was no different. So many things that must be done and, quite frankly, we had a few weeks of behavior modification thrown in there as well.

I honestly thought for a bit that I had no idea who the child was standing before me. However, I'm am so very thankful that a lot of prayer and handing down (and not backing off of) consequences for certain behavior seems to have worked wonders. My girl is back and I am so very grateful. For real.

Anyway, the girl spent a couple of nights with a friend to attend VBS this week so the man and I got some uninterrupted time to hang out. We've also just been getting into the swing of summer and firming up our plans for big fun over the next few months :-)

What all of that means is there hasn't been much picture taking or exciting blog fodder going on in the ol' Bowers household.

That is, unless you want to hear about the amazing Bible study I'm doing on the book of Revelation. It's really good, y'all, but talking about seals, woes and tribulation on a blog largely devoted to my daughter just doesn't seem quite right...feel free to contact me via email, though, if you want to chat.

I love, love, love the study of end time events. It's not that I have strong opinions about how things will be wrapped up (honestly, doesn't matter, in my opinion) but I do enjoy the study. A lot.

We don't have many plans for the weekend (thank you, Jesus!) but I will be attending a tea for our pastor's wife tomorrow morning. She's an incredibly dear friend of mine as well so I'm looking forward to honoring her. She definitely serves it. (And so much more.)

Other than that, we're just going to enjoy hanging out because our schedules get wacky next week. And not in the Wacky Mac kind of way. Just busy.

But I digress...

Anyway, have a great weekend, friends. And try to stay somewhat cool. :-)

0 comments: