Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, February 24, 2012

Random Thoughts

To be quite honest, I've been in a bit of a fog this week. Between popping various allergy pills, praying for no interaction between said medications and being really busy at work, I'm just kind of drifting. In fact, I sort of feel like Rambo did when his dad went back to work after surgery....


The girl and I did attend middle school orientation last night. Now I attended a mini-orientation in the fall and probably could have skipped this one but I was afraid some pertinent information would be shared and my child would be the only one who didn't know. Then I would spend an unspecified amount of time feeling guilty and like I had let her down with poor parenting skills.

Well, none of that happened. I pretty much heard all the same things (with a few additions) again. And not even a quarter of the parents of incoming seventh graders were there so maybe I can be put into the overachiever category? :-)

There was one interesting piece of information, though. Turns out that each grade is assigned a principal and that administrator moves up to 8th grade with them for consistency. So does the counselor. I absolutely love this and they also all talked about communication. I'm praying they truly do believe in it because I can assure you no one at her current school does. 

But I digress...

Anyway, the principal my girl will have for the next two years was a very good friend of Tonto's in high school. While Dave and I thought this was great news, Taylor really didn't feel the same. I cannot imagine why... :-)

Tonto immediately piped up that he couldn't wait to get reacquainted and trade cell phone numbers so they could reach each other easily. We'll see how that goes...

All in all, I think we're all looking forward to another chapter beginning. The past two years haven't been the best (school-wise anyway) and there are so many opportunities in middle school that I'm relatively certain we'll become taxi drivers. But I'm totally ok with that job.

I'll leave you with a sweet pic from Valentine's Day when Rambo took Tay to tumbling.


Happy weekend, y'all!

0 comments: