Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

All Good Things Must Come to an End

Baylor Football 2010 was - for the most part - absolutely delightful. As with any up and coming program, there were a couple of hitches and our guys were bit with the injury bug more than most would know because, well, when one went down, someone else stepped up immediately. Without question. And with excitement.

That, my friends, is what I call a T-E-A-M.

Before I let you in on what I learned this season, please let me give you a recap of our last game: 1) We played OU. 2) OU finally began playing like OU. Lucky us. 3) We tailgated. 4) We scored some points. 5) They scored more. 5) Bob Stoops looks funny trying to pry his players, who looked to be ready for a fight of some kind, off of ours.

The end.

Now, on to some insight I've gleaned since we began play in August.

1. Some of our new recruits could star in a Pantene commercial.

Exhibit A: Robert T. Griffin 


2. Coach Art Briles (aka CAB) is quite the gambler. (On the field. Not starting gossip, friends.)
 And I like it.


3. Our defense is much faster this year. We also have a great defensive class coming next year. That sound you hear, folks, is the Pat Neff bells squealing in delight.


4. We have added to our family since the beginning of football season. Bittersweet. 


5. Bruiser is not afraid to aim his Supersoaker at fans from other schools who try to crash the March of the Bears line. Said fans' reactions are quite comical.


6. Robert Griffin III (RG3) is amazing. Both on the field and off. He is also a Heisman candidate. My prediction is you'll see him on some sort of stage in the next two years.


7. We are going to miss Jay Finley and Kendall Wright.


8. If I took Rambo's approach to football (instead of the one that has owned me this season), my blood pressure would be much more manageable.


9. My sweet girl is mortified by the behavior of her parents at football games.


10. My dad has a super sweet tailgating set up and makes a MEAN cheeseburger.


11. Leaders like Danny Watkins and Phil Taylor (pictured below) will be sorely missed. Also, I believe we've figured out which parent Phil got his football gene from...


12. President Starr "gets it" when it comes to both Baylor as a whole and the importance athletics plays in the life of our students. He also runs with the Baylor Line without breaking a sweat or needing a break on the 50 yard line, which is much more than I would be able to achieve.


13. The student body as a whole couldn't be more proud of their team.


14. We are bowl bound, y'all, and my family can't wait to cheer the team to victory later this month. We will then proceed to the next logical step, which is being obnoxious about our amazing basketball teams.

15. We are grateful for the opportunity to be a part of the Baylor family and have made countless - and priceless memories - with our family this season.

Sic 'em, Bears!

1 comments:

Stephen said...

Great post, couldn't agree more that things are only going to get better from here...and now that we are winning, I have HUGE expectations. Here's to a great season, and a Bowl Game!