Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, November 29, 2010

Rockin' Around the Christmas Card Tree

This year I decided to make a resolution before New Year's. If you've been reading this blog longer than a minute, you know that we've had a wild and crazy year (and have been blessed the entire way so please don't think I'm complaining) so I decided to handle the Christmas season a bit differently.

I made a commitment at the beginning of November to get all of my Christmas shopping by the end of this month, to get all of the decorations out on Thanksgiving weekend and to have Christmas cards ordered by December 1 as well.

Why?

So we can simply enjoy the month of December and truly reflect on what the season is about. To enjoy a magical season with the man, the girl and the Puppy Posse. And, for the most part, I've been wildly successful. I have exactly two Christmas presents left to buy, all of my decorations are up save the two aluminum trees and I'm really close to finalizing the Christmas card design.

This year I decided to use Shutterfly because I wasn't totally satisfied with the ones we had last year. They were cute but you have to remember that I do print advertising for a living so I'm spoiled with the quality our designers put out on a daily basis and the closest thing I've found to their quality for cards is Shutterfly.

Currently these are my two lead contenders - what do you think?



There are tons of designs and you can check out more by clicking here or here.

I'm also hosting a table at our women's Candlelight Christmas Tea this year. Each table is a different theme and I've chosen mine so I'm planning to use these invitations...


Again, there is an option for any taste and you can see for yourself by going here

I would like to note, though, that this is sample text. There will be no cocktails served at my table. :-)

As you can see, Shutterfly has great quality products at phenomenal prices. Please believe me on that one because I work with printers and bids every single day--this is a bargain, friends! They also have wall calendars (a great grandparent gift), photo mugs (hello, dad!) and other products that can make for one-stop shopping. Which may allow you to spend more time being merry and bright this season as well.

And that's always a good thing.

And, though I haven't fully decided on the design, I have decided on the verse we'll be using on our cards this year.

The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy!
Psalm 126:3

If you would like to learn more about Shutterfly's blogging opportunities for the Christmas season, which can allow you to get some of their phenomenal products for free, check them out here.

Merry Christmas, y'all!

1 comments:

Ang said...

I like the first one best. The black & white design on the second one looks a little out of place (imho). I'm sure whatever you pick will be adorable!