Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hey Y'all

Hi friends!

Hope you're all doing well today. I was looking over the last few weeks of blog posts and, um, can you say Debbie Downer? Though a number of issues collided at once, I just want to assure everyone that we are not drowning in sadness or desperation.

Nope. Not at all.

In fact, we're doing pretty really well.

And that has me thinking - yes, that could indeed we're all in a heap of trouble - about when facing trouble would have did bring our family world toppling down. We were just a big mess for years, y'all. You never knew what you were getting with us - we were mean, nasty, unhappy folks.

Period.

God has done so much for us. Much more than we deserve and, yes, this year has been challenging on a number of fronts but we're making it through.

Together.

With a smile on our face (most of the time).

And I'm good with that...

In other news...

It looks like Miss Taylor made straight A's for the second six weeks in a row. We are super proud and, quite frankly, what I'm most proud of is that she's really doing all of the work on her own. Except for calling out a few spelling words and double checking her math calculations by using the calculator on my phone (don't judge, y'all...) I've not done a whole lot of assisting.

I realize that means she's growing up.

We're not dwelling on that point. Thankyouverymuch.

My grandmother has not made as fast of a recovery as we'd expected after her colon surgery; however, she is doing better this week and has gotten good reports from her doctors. We're very grateful for the progress.

My mom made it back home yesterday!

Rambo is a little stinker.We love him dearly. He's getting to be such a big boy already, which both makes me happy and sad at the same time. The vet says he's perfectly healthy so we (and our checkbook) are very grateful.

Perkie has gotten a new lease on life by having a pup around who's smaller than she is. Who knew the girl would love to wrestle with him so much?!?!

Prissy is having a much tougher time with the transition. Bo was at the house when she came home as a 6-week-old puppy so she's grieving her brother. It's so sad, friends, but we're doing what we can to help her and she's now sleeping with Taylor at night. It's her own personal time, which we felt like she needed.

And that's all I've got.

We do have a few silent prayer requests so if you think about it, a shout out to Him certainly wouldn't be lost on our family. Let me assure you, though, that we have absolutely nothing about which to complain.


God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to His eyes.
Psalm 18:24

0 comments: