Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Learning the Ropes

While I would love to discuss all the exciting things that have been going on in our life lately, the fact of that matter is that we have two main focuses right now. They are - in no particular order - puppy rearing and football.

Before somebody throws a flag (which would clearly mean they weren't at a Baylor game because we can't even buy appropriately called penalties), let me reiterate that God is always #1 and family is #2. Rambo is a part of the family so I guess that was covered but I just don't want any confusion or speculation about where our loyalties actually lie.

Steps down from soapbox.

Anyway, those two hobbies are keeping us rather busy these days. You know, with the frequent potty breaks, finding a treat that will actually encourage R to go OUTSIDE (which ended up being Goldfish; only our dog...), and keeping my blood pressure at a level that isn't stroke inducing has been rather time consuming.

R did get his first taste of Dave's grilling. He was a fan. See?


He then suffered from what I like to refer to as a post pork tenderloin coma. Don't worry - he woke up and continued to wreak havoc on our home and shoes. Didn't skip a beat there.


Prissy is clearly amused by his puppy-like antics.

On a side note, Dave asked me exactly how old Priss is last night because she was limping. After replying that she will be six soon, it occurred to me that the girls' got a whole lot of girth going on. That can't be easy on the joints. So we're giving her Bo's leftover glucosamine. Hand me downs.


He would truly rather chew on fingers, Perkie's lead, stilettos (don't get me started), slippers and hair so I thought him actually chewing on a BONE deserved a photoshoot.




Yes, he is adorable. And he knows it, y'all. We love him immensely and Perkie actually does too. She's an entirely different dog - in a good way - than we've ever seen. I'm thinking she just enjoys having someone around who's smaller than she is...which means she may not be quite as fond of him in a few months.


But, for now, we're enjoying the ride. Wrapping loose ends to the marathon that I like to call 2010. It's been fast and furious. Full of surgeries, doctor's appointments, therapy, sick dogs, sweet vacations, lots of growth spiritually and restoration in general.

I'm sure I'll discuss that in further detail (you already knew that, right?) toward the end of December but - sweet mercy - mama needs a nap. And perhaps a Prozac or two. But it's good. It's His plan. And we're all in.

And I'll continue to hold fast to the hope that full potty training is in said plan as well. If not, we'll just roll with the punches. But still - hope. :-)

Happy Wednesday!

0 comments: