Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, November 12, 2010

Through the Eyes of a Child

My girl received her very own digital camera from her dad for her birthday this year. She has been taking pictures off and on for the last month and I finally downloaded them the other night because the one you previously saw of Prissy was going to be used for a special Christmas present.

Side note: she asked that I use that photo - and post it here - because she thought Priss would like for everyone to see such a slimming picture of her. 

I thought it was kind of fun to look through all of her pictures, though, because I think they really speak to what's important to her. Although, as you'll see in a minute, what's important to her isn't always very photogenic. And that's totally fine. Just a fact. :-)

Clearly she loves this little guy...



...and she also has a penchant for beautiful trees...


...and another - slightly larger - guy...

Side note 2: she did have a photo of Bo on her camera but it was toward the end of his sweet life and, y'all, the boy lost 27 pounds in his last 6 weeks. Needless to say, it made me cry all over again while also giving me peace that we made the right decision. It also will never see the light of the internet. Period.


Fortunately for me, she also loves her mama. And her mama loves her too. Even in all of her 'tween glory. And, sometimes, because of that 'tween spunk. But don't tell - it will be our little secret!


She also loves a beautiful sunset and I love that she asked her Boppy, who's known to know a thing or 100 about photography, to help her get "just the right shot."


She's also creative and thinks the "drawing" setting on her camera is absolutely fantastic.


I think I prefer this type of picture of my house because it looks so clean and kept which, um, it is. Of course. :-)


She loves him...and so do I...


And, judging by the other photos, she also enjoys the occasional artsy photo, her dad, her Nanna's dog, Zoey, her friends in children's choir, her script for the Christmas musical and family in general.

That, my friends, brings my heart pure, unadulterated joy.

Have a great weekend, friends!

0 comments: