Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Clampetts Go To Town

I realize there has been no Thanksgiving post yet but we didn't celebrate the holiday with my family until Saturday and, honestly, that's a post entirely of itself due to some pet drama. Yes, it runs in the genes. We did celebrate with Dave's family by having breakfast at Whataburger (yes, you read that correctly) and lunch at his sister's house. It was delightful and I got to play with a 3-week-old puppy that still had puppy breath - can I get a hallelujah?

Anyway, I was so busy playing that no photos were taken. Tay took off with her dad after the Macy's parade and Dave and I just hung out. Kid-free. Now it's time for the amen. :-)

We did have dinner at IHOP (are you getting the idea we did no cooking?) and I can promise you that the Pumpkin Praline Pancakes will both rock your world and your taste buds. Just don't think about the calories and blame it on a holiday. And by "holiday" I pretty much mean any day ending in "y."

We did do something really exciting the day after Thanksgiving, though, and it involved no shopping, fighting over bargains or getting up at an unholy hour. We loaded up the newest member of the Puppy Posse and the girl and the Clampetts headed to town, y'all - The Big D.


Our high school football team was in the playoffs and were playing at none other than Cowboys Stadium. We thought this would be a fabulous way to see the stadium without paying Jones-esque prices. The girl had been really wanting to see the stadium. Why, you ask? Well, because she wanted to see the giant screen. Priorities, people.

Behold, the large screen...


It really is amazing and, quite frankly, if I had found a way to transport that cushioned and roomy seat back to Floyd Casey Stadium, there would be one missing in Section 231. Alas, though, they secured those babies really well.

My man just took in all of the names of legends around him in wonder. He was thoroughly impressed and I was so stinkin' glad he was able to see this monstrous venue because he does love the Cowboys. He even asked me to photograph some big names.



Anyone else think it's ironic they had "try a little tenderness" in a football stadium? I mean, I realize they were talking about chicken but still...

Anyway, it was about this point I had to remind my man about our 11-year age difference because the names were no longer familiar...




Anyway, back to what the girl came for - the jumbotron!

Before the game started they played what seemed like copious highlights for a team who's logged only three wins this season. But, you know, to each their own...


Someone was very excited. Why? Because her friend was finally arriving, which meant she didn't have to sit with the "crazy football people" anymore. Her words. Not mine.


They both posed for a picture. Can you believe it? Clearly football is magical.


But wait - there's more - the parent shot! Photography credits to the girl.



Then  it was time...



It was a great first half. A defensive battle, if you will. We were ahead 10-7 as the second quarter ran down. We battled our nerves with $10 popcorn (thanks, Jerry, for the souvenir bucket) and a delightful performance from the band.


By the beginning of the fourth quarter, we were still winning. Our opponent's mascot was a Red Raider and I was hopeful this battle against a Raider in the Dallas area would be more successful than our last. 'Twas not to be, though. We gave up a safety and a pick 6, which turned out to be the difference in the game.

I don't fault our team one bit, though, because they played with gusto and were so much fun to watch all season. And if I ever figure out what's in the water in Denton, Texas, you can get your bottom dollar I will bottle it up and sell it because they grow 'em BIG there, y'all.

Bless sweet Rambo's heart - he was such a good boy in his hotel room. Yep, you read that correctly as well. He had his very own queen size bed with a view while we were at the game and while we had dinner at Pappadeaux's. One word: YUM.

We won't discuss how my girl left her phone on the table at the restaurant. Or how we had to replace it via insurance on the way home. Nope, we will not.

I shall instead leave you with an adorable photo to bless your day.


And, yes, the Clampetts made it back to the country without incident.

0 comments: