Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, December 17, 2010

Fun in the Atrium

Continuing with our Grapevine trip...

We made to sure arrive to the Gaylord a bit early as there are lots of fun things to see inside the atrium area itself. I will say that it was much less stressful this year because we actually knew where we were going and we also got tickets for much earlier in the day so there was hardly any crowd at all.

Follow the snowflakes to ICE!



Of course there's a giant Lone Star in the atrium. It is the Gaylord TEXAN, remember? :-)




For those who don't believe that everything is bigger in Texas, might I present Exhibit A?


The atrium area includes water features...


...a number of restaurants and, during the Christmas season, multiple festive decorations. New this year was the Reindeer Roundup so we were on the hunt for these guys throughout the morning...


Of course, there were also giant Christmas trees...



...and I honestly cannot tell you the delight my child experienced when she immediately identified this guy as Blitzen. In her words, "you know, because of the blitz..."

She could not wait to tell Davey that what he's been teaching her throughout the fall came in handy.


Only in Texas...


Now I must admit that we had some trouble identifying a few of the reindeer. So, for better or worse, this is Comet. If you know something different, please don't tell my girl :-)


My next dining centerpiece...


Oh, I kid, but one thing I completely missed last year is that there's an actual riverwalk on one end of the resort. Super cool.


May I present the one photo in which all three participants are pictured? 


After browsing the atrium, it was time for the main event. Again, because I value your retinas, I shall save those photos for another day.

As for what's currently going on in our house, things are just crazy, friends. It is for everyone, I know, due to the holiday rush but I am honestly ready for a little down time. Tay was in the Christmas musical at church on Wednesday (which was absolutely fabulous!) and I'm hosting a dinner at our women's Candlelight Christmas on Sunday evening. After that event, I believe -- dare I say it -- we will have completed all major commitments for this month with the obvious exception of Christmas itself.

Of course, we'll be heading to Houston for the Texas Bowl the following week and then ringing in the New Year at Barkin' Ball but I'm counting on those to be fun and not stressful events. Thankfully I managed to get all of my shopping done last month. Had that not been the case, I'm not sure how I would have survived this month.

Yes, I know, by His grace.

Clearly.

But you know what I mean...

I pray you are all experiencing a wonderful time of peace and enjoyment during this season. Although we've tried very hard not to get caught up in the hustle and bustle, it is so hard not to just check things off the list and then collapse in exhaustion, isn't it?

I'm trying to do better and am very much looking forward to 2011. :-)

Happy weekend before Christmas, y'all!

0 comments: