Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sic 'Em Bears!

The girl and I had quite a busy day last Thursday. What began with D.A.R.E. graduation ended with a Bears basketball game, Christmas on Fifth and IHOP. It was, as this season tends to be, a marathon and not a spring. But we enjoyed every moment of it...

Since I've already shared about the big essay and graduation, I'll now move on to the basketball game.

Riveting. I know.

Anyway, this was our first (but most definitely not our last) game of the season. As you may already know, the Bears went to the Elite Eight last year and, quite frankly, were one erroneous charge foul away from the Final Four but I digress...

Point being - they're GOOD, y'all.


Last week they played Arizona State and the game was televised on ESPN2. I have no idea why I felt that need to share that with you but I'm sure you're used to the random that is my life by now, right?

It was an absolutely delightful game, in my opinion. This is where I should probably indicate that "delightful" for me is defined by "we won." Complicated thinking, obviously.


My girl, in what appears to be becoming a pattern, was most excited about seeing the new scoreboard. It is a dandy one, that's for sure. She was most impressed and even took pictures of it with her own camera, which is a feat most inanimate objects (or people, for that matter) attain.

Isn't it pretty?


Speaking of pretty, the stars aligned just right and the girl allowed me to take a photo of her. In public, y'all. And I thought it was a mighty nice one, too.

See?


After the game we rushed across campus to enjoy the Christmas on Fifth activities but I'll save that joy for another day. Wouldn't want to cross the line into fun overload, would we?

On another note, have I mentioned the Baylor football team is going to the Texas Bowl? We (and by "we," I mean Dave) had a hunch so we made hotel reservations a couple of weeks ago and our tickets are en route. I would like to thank the team for making Christmas gift giving so much easier (and enjoyable) this year.

If you think my hair and I won't be totally out of control with excitement on December 29, well, it just may be that we don't know each other that well after all.

With that unnecessary piece of information, I bid you adieu on this brisk and chilly Thursday. :-)

0 comments: