Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, September 3, 2010

Gridiron Grind

We've made a bold decision for our family, y'all. This year we decided to purchase season tickets for both Midway High School (Tay's district) and Baylor University. We've held the ones at Baylor since I came back to work here and we absolutely love attending these games.


It's an opportunity to fling our green and gold afar, eat football food and claim there was "simply no healthy choice down there," and take lots of pictures for me to bore you with on this ol' blog. It is also the time each week that my blood pressure reaches new heights previously thought to be unattainable.

I'm an overachiever (and obviously rather competitive) like that...

At least that's what Tay and I do at the games. I may not have shared this before, friends, but my man is a serious football fan. Like, so serious that when his beloved Cowboys were making fools of themselves last week while claiming they were actually "playing," my husband's mood was affected to the point that I stopped speaking.

If you know me in real life, you understand what type of feat that must have been.

Not convinced? Let me present Exhibit B: last night he was watching the 'Boys again (who should clearly play their second team once the season is officially underway because they, well, actually PLAY FOOTBALL) and I was chattering away as usual when I realized something was awry. You see, I was getting no response. N-O-N-E

I looked at my man and sweetly asked, "What's wrong with you, Tonto?"

His response, "I'm watching football." And can I add that he did it with this look on his face that asked whether or not we had met before because if anyone would know that he puts his ENTIRE HEART into a football game, it would be his WIFE, right?

I'm a sanguine. What can I say? I have to relearn that little piece of info every year. And I can assure him this one won't be the last. I also have no doubt that fact makes his heart sing like a canary.

But I digress...

What I actually came here to lament about is the fact that we will now be attending high school games on Friday, college games on Saturday and watching professional football (can I get a WHO DAT?) on Sunday. Once time is found for Big Brother, the comedy sitcom lineup set to return in a few weeks and Grey's Anatomy, I'm just not sure the DVR and I can keep up.

But I'll try. Tay and I have new color coordinated t-shirts to wear to each occasion and, well, let's just pray I wear the correct one to the appropriate game. And here's the real question - how can one choose a proper hair color for the fall when half of her time will be spent wearing red/white/blue and the other half wearing green and gold. Not to mention the black and gold I'll need to don on Sunday afternoons.

It's a quandry of Texas size proportion, friends, but I'm banking on detracting from any clashing with an overabundance of rhinestones and lip gloss. Wish me luck!

And to you I wish a fantabulous Labor Day weekend! We'll be installing ceramic tile in our hallway because we know how to P-A-R-T-Y ;-)

0 comments: