Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Amen, The End

So our last morning in Galveston was bittersweet. I knew we would really miss watching the sun come up on the balcony every day and we had done our darndest to squeeze out every drop of fun out of this vacation but it was time to go...


We were also ready to see the girls, get back into a routine and prepare for the first day of school. So there was a lot waiting for us at home - including schedule pickup on that very day.


God blessed us with a truly spectacular display of His glory that morning, though, my friends. And it was certainly not lost on "she who needs him in order not to fall into a pit every single day."


In case you were wondering, I was referring to myself :-)


We packed up our last few things, Bo took one last stroll through the condo grounds and said goodbye to his many new friends...



...stopped at Sonic for breakfast...


...took it all in a few more times...


...complimented this cutie on her stylin' new hat and t-shirt...


...watched intently as she insisted that Bo model said hat...


...and drove back to the real world...

...where we will continuously relive the precious memories we made during this trip. It's amazing how one week can give you things to talk about for the entire year, isn't it?

I love it when Tay randomly looks at me and says, "remember when..." and brings up something about vacation. And, honestly, it's not usually about the big things. It's about a very small moment in time when we were just hanging out together without worrying about the every day things that bog 
down our time.

Or at least they bog me down.

And so I'm making a concerted effort to say "yes" more. To my daughter. To my husband. To my co-workers. To my church family. To the puppy posse. To my family and friends. To myself. 
To my Savior.

Because that's really what it's all about, isn't it?

We came here with nothing. We will leave here with nothing. But what will I do in the meantime?

That is the question....

Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

John 15:4

0 comments: