Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Falling Down On the Job

As I was writing yesterday's post, it occurred to me that this blog is called "Totally Taylor" and I started it with the express purpose of keeping a digital scrapbook of my girl's life but I haven't had a post totally about Taylor recently so I've clearly fallen down on the job.

So here it is ~ let's talk about what's up with my precious girl :-)

Miss Taylor is enjoying the 5th grade and absolutely loves changing classes for each subject. She thinks it "just makes the day go by faster" and I've assured her that I felt the same at her age. Except that we didn't change for every class this early back in the olden days.

She is currently at a very, um, hormonal stage in life. That's what growing up and being a 'tween is all about, I suppose. However, I can assure you it makes for some tense moments at our house from time to time. Particularly between these two as they like to antagonize each other all in the name of fun. 
(side note: problem being they don't always have the same definition of "fun")


My girl has put the brakes on the numerous nicknames I have for her (Taylorbug, Bugga, Taybug, etc.) when we're out in public. My orders are to only refer to her with the formal moniker of "Taylor" when others are present. I'm doing my best, y'all, but it's rough...

She's still loving the colors of hot pink and black and has - gasp - a new found appreciation for animal prints. It's almost like a little piece of heaven has entered our home, to be quite frank, because we all know how much I dearly love animal prints. Her favorite is zebra so we're having a hot pink and zebra striped birthday party. I am tickled pink, y'all. Simply tickled.

She also still likes sparkles, skirts and has really gotten more into fashion this year which includes, but is certainly not limited to, trying out new hairstyles and accessories. May I present Exhibit A?


She's currently a bit under the weather as her allergies are raging after last week's visit from Tropical Storm Hermine who, might I just say, had a bit of pent up rage that was unleashed on the great State of Texas. I mean, sweet mercy, H, get some counseling!

Taylor moved up to GA's (Girls in Action) on Wednesday nights at church, has a new Sunday School class and attended her first Children's Choir practice earlier this week. I absolutely L-O-V-E that she loves the Lord. It makes me so happy I could cry, y'all. And that's quite a feat because I usually only cry if I'm really mad. If you ever witness that, RUN! And take COVER!

Of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't assure all of her fans that Taylor is still funny as ever. She cracks me up on a daily basis and is quite clever. That also makes my heart sing because I personally think "funny" can cover a multitude of sins at times. :-)

She has an appointment on the 27th with yet another orthopedic surgeon; however, this is one who specializes in the capsular release she will need so we're hoping to schedule surgery while we're there for November or December. She does well until we actually meet with a doc and then gets a bit nervous (and quiet - eerily so) so if you think about it, she could use some prayers as we get closer to the date. All in all, though, she's a champ and we're very proud of her grit and determination throughout this very long process.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot that she's playing volleyball now! We believe the child has finally found "her sport" because she really likes it and appears to have a knack for it as well. She's been practicing twice a week during the month of September and has her first game on 9/27. Dave picked her up on Monday evening and said she scored her first point in a scrimmage! 
Thank you, Lord, for giving her more sporting ability than her mother.

Love, love, love her more than I can ever convey. But am not looking forward to her turning 11 because, honestly, I just don't feel old enough to have a child sporting those numbers :-)

We are, however, thankful for a healthy girl who brightens our days and gives us something to do with out evenings.

0 comments: