Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Say Hello to the Harbor

After our fun day at Schlitterbahn, we were both tired and hungry (how does water always do that?) so we headed down to the harbor for some super yummy seafood at Fisherman's Wharf. I'd not been to the restaurant before but OH MY WORD, y'all, it was simply amazing.

We had crab queso (yes, you read that correctly) for an appetizer and the girl got her signature main dish (fried shrimp) while Dave and I split some sort of platter that had fried catfish, shrimp, crab cakes, shrimp kisses (wrapped in bacon with jalapeno jack cheese) and oysters. A-MAZ-ING!


You can see the Elissa out the windows of the restaurant and, while Dave was paying (no, it wasn't the only reason we allowed him to come :-), Tay and I headed out to the dock for a closer look. And a photo...obviously...


Then we decided to head down to The Strand again and, no, it wasn't to go shopping. Believe it or not, I'm actually not a girl who really enjoys the process of browsing. I'm too Type A for that particular activity, I believe, as I have a list and know what I want whenever heading to the shops. I mark it off the list (sweet joy!) and then move on.

Well that was a random side note...you're welcome :-)

Anyway, we were headed to La King's Confectionery. I'd heard from some other bloggers that it was a must see/taste and they were oh so right. Take a look...


It was all handmade, y'all and was absolutely amazing. The girl had strawberries and cream ice cream while I enjoyed the peanut butter chip. However, had I know that a little further down there was a sundae/banana split station we totally would have shared one of those sweet pieces of nectar fallen from heaven.

Next time, I suppose...

And, because it just struck me as amusing, I laughed out loud when I saw this...


It is, perhaps, the only candy store in which you will happily pay $2 extra to withdraw funds from an ATM instead of going without. I certainly would have :-)

0 comments: