Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A New Era

Someone we know and love has begun a new era in her sweet little life. She's now a fifth grader (school began yesterday!) and is attending the intermediate school. 

Be still my heart.

After informing me that we needed to curl her hair with the bathroom door closed so she didn't "give Davey any material to work with - he'd have a field day with me in rollers," we set about the beauty routine in secret.


I'll have you know that Sunday was the first time EVER that she let me curl her hair. It made my heart sing, y'all, until I asked if she wanted me to add a little height in a certain area and I was told, "NO, that's exactly what I don't want, thankyouverymuch."

Oh well, baby steps, right?


She also walked into the kitchen, dropped her very heavy backpack (filled with mandatory supplies, I'll have you know) on the floor and asked me if I'd somehow missed all the commercials on television about not overloading your kids packs.

What can I say? There's never a dull moment...


After picking her up from the new after school place, she told me that school would have been good if she was the school type. But she's not so it was just ok.

Wow - I'm thinking there may be a long year ahead...


But I wouldn't trade it for the world. This morning she rode the bus for the first time. I may or may have not initially put her on the wrong bus but I blame it completely on the fact that two different buses come to the same stop at the same time but have differing destinations.

And if she asks if it was MY flash that captured the first bus moment, let's all just say "absolutely not, Taylor." 

OK? :-)

0 comments: