Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pity Party

Last evening I headed home to let the dogs out and then Tay and I went to church for the Wednesday meal before going to our respective classes. I mean, really, how can one NOT go to church on Wednesdays when there's a meal with no regard for any diet under the sun or calories waiting for you?


Along with an ice cream sandwich for dessert.

Not me - especially not now that I've convinced myself calories don't count when consumed inside the church building. If only they would unlock the doors three times per day - every day - for me...

But I digress. Yet again.

Anyway, we went home and Tay immediately presented Davey with the Dallas Cowboys poster she purchased for him at the school book fair. Spent her own money. Every penny of it. On her Davey. Sweet, huh?

I thought so too...

Anyway, I'd been in kind of a melancholy mood all day and let's just say it continued to go downhill. For no reason whatsoever, I began throwing myself a bit of a pity party and the evening ended with me crying into my pillow while my man was no doubt wondering what the @#$%^& was wrong with me.

Nothing.

And everything.

Right, girls?

So today I have a headache - big surprise there, I know - and we also have a combination Open House/Book Fair/Grandparents' Day this evening. And a big appointment later this afternoon. So if you have a few spare minutes, I promise a quick prayer would not be wasted on us today.

Oh, and I'm still melancholy. Yet another surprise...so if you find my sanity - or just some happy pills - in your backyard or out and about while running errands, please let me know and I'll fetch it right quick.


0 comments: