Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, September 25, 2009

Candy Brownies

Ok, so I haven't participated in a blog carnival in quite some time but, trust me, you don't want to miss this one. Even if you only read the recipe below, you will be blessed by the chocolatey goodness that follows. I promise. I don't kid about food. Particularly when it's in either the sweet or salty category.

If you'd like to view more super yummy ideas for dessert (fall is upon us anyway so what's a few more pounds to hide under a fluffy sweater, right?), just hope on over to Kelly's Korner. You won't regret it. I promise.

I shall now return to my prayer vigil for the Baylor Bears. We need a win this weekend, y'all. If we can't beat up on Northwestern State we have bigger issues than previously thought. 

Candy Brownies

1 family size box of brownie mix (make with 3 eggs instead of 2)

Spray 9x13 pan with Pam. Pour in half the brownie batter. Cover with chopped pecans, walnuts or peanuts, if desired. Cover nuts with miniature Twix candy bars. Just line them up until the entire surface is covered. 

Pour the rest of the brownie batter on top of the Twix and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes. (DO NOT over bake). Let cool and cut into squares.

Frosting:

1/2 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons of Light Karo Corn Syrup
1/2 cup heavy cream

Pour the chocolate chips into a bowl. Add in the corn syrup and coat the chips well. Pour the heavy cream into a microwave safe bowl. Heat it to almost boiling but be careful not to over boil. (Heat about 30 seconds and check it. Keep heating until it is hot.)

Pour the cream over the chips and let sit for about 1 minute before stirring. You should be able to easily stir at this point. Stir well; the frosting should be shiny and glossy. Pour over the brownies and refrigerate until ready to cut.

**For mint brownies, substitute Andes Mint Baking Chips for Twix bars and add 1/4 tsp. of mint extract to the frosting as the last step.

5 comments:

Summer said...

Oh that sounds sooo yummy! I think I am gonna snag this one.... Thanks... :0)

taralynn819 said...

Is it essential to use 3 eggs in the brownie mix? Is it just too ooey-gooey with only 2?

Definitely going to reference this idea! Chocolate AND carmel?!?!?!

Heather said...

this sounds so yummY!! Thanks for sharing!

Caroline said...

Yum-o!!!! I feel my butt getting bigger!

Casi said...

I've never tried making it with 2 eggs instead of 3 so I'm really not sure. The 3 eggs are supposed to make it more cake-like and add a little bit of rise...at least I think that's what it's meant to do. Look at me sounding like I know anything about cooking! :-)