Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It Happened on a Tuesday

Yesterday rocked along quite nicely and I even got a pleasant surprise when Dave's softball game was rained out. We love going to watch him play but we were all a bit tired after a hectic weekend. 


While Dave worked, my mom and I attended the Just Give Me Jesus revival at Baylor. It was awesome and Anna Graham Lotz is amazing! If this event comes to your area, I highly recommend attending. Life-changing, for sure.

Anyway, Tay and I got home last night and I threw a chicken casserole in the oven and was putting on my tennis shoes to do a quick 5 miles before Dave got home when it happened. My baby girl - my precious bug - came and asked me if she could use the telephone. She needed to call her girlfriend, Sophie.

WHAT?!?!

How could this happen?!?! My little one was all grown up.

Could this be happening already? Apparently so.

Not only did my generally shy child pick up the phone and clearly ask to speak to her friend but she then proceeded to talk non-stop for the next 20 minutes. Then Sophie called her back and they spent another 20 minutes on the phone. 

Seriously?!?!

She was rather annoyed with me when I told her it was time to get off the phone and have dinner. But she did it without arguing. As she put the cordless phone back in our bedroom, she asked if she could "ever call her again or is this it?"

And then my mother apparently invaded my body because the following came out of my mouth:

"Of course you can call her again. Talk to her every day if you want but there are limits as to the amount of time you can spend on the phone."

Then Dave came home and was on his cell with a friend from work within five stinkin' minutes of walking in the door. That's when it hit me...

I am no longer the most popular one in our home. Not even close. I'm the one who makes sure the others are fed and clothed appropriately for their social commitments. 

How did this happen?!?!

Now I know why all of my friends are having second and third children - they need someone to hang out with now that their little ones have moved on to greener pastures. (Please know that I'm totally kidding with that statement.)

However, I did find out this morning that a good friend of ours is 8 weeks pregnant. And I am so happy for her. Truly. She has gone through a lot to make this happen. I wish her only the best.

She's only one of a SLEW of our friends who have just had a child or are expecting. And I'm happy for all of them, y'all. Please know that.

But, I have to admit, I'm a little jealous. Seems that ticking clock is very real. And palpable. And unrelenting. In a mocking kind of way. And now I'm left, once again, asking...

How did this happen?!?!

It all happened on what appeared to be an ordinary Tuesday...

2 comments:

Lauren said...

That's so funny! I know my day is coming too :)

Katie said...

Casi ~

You are too sweet. Thank you for praying and lifting me up.