Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 24, 2009

In Which I Just Break It Down Real Simple Like

It's Thursday and I just realized there have been no posts put up since Monday. Because I know y'all are just dying to know exactly what's been keeping us so busy, let me just break things down a bit.


Now that it's after Labor Day, I'm feeling the urge to dye my hair back dark; however, my man informed me a couple of weekends ago that he would prefer that the transition not be quite as "disgusting" as usual. I'm thinking he meant "dramatic." Perhaps that's wishful thinking but, hey, it's thinking nonetheless.

He actually asked me if I could just let it grow out and "back to normal." The short answer to that is 'no.' The long one, well, let's just say you don't want to hear that one.

So, for now, I still look like this...or close to this anyway...

Due to a nasty neighbor calling the dog catcher on Perkie (aka Houdini - remember how she climbs the fence?), the Puppy Posse has been relegated indoors. They took the news rather well. Actually, let's be honest, they were ecstatic. For the most part they've been really good but there's always tomorrow. Or today for that matter... 

Miss Thang is really enjoying 4th grade and we've been quite busy with school functions. We've already attended Parent Orientation, Grandparents' Night/Book Fair/Open House, taken school pictures and sold way too much cookie dough.

She claims her favorite subject right now is Geometry. I say "claims" because, as you may remember, this is the child who had a mini-breakdown over the math TAKS test in 3rd grade. In all fairness, she does have a much better math teacher this year so let's pray this change of events continues right on through the end of May 2010.

Due to copious amounts of rain (thank you, Lord), the BMBC softball team has been out of commission as of late. For two weeks in a row, their games have been called due to the condition of the field. 

While I wish I could feign disappointment, I actually think this is in the best interest of our players as the median age of our team is probably 10 years older than that of most of their opponents. Let's just say we tend to do enough rolling around in the dirt without adding mud and rain to the mix.

Or maybe that's just my man...I couldn't rightly say...

What I do know is that he looks rather studly in his uniform. See?
We're going to continue enjoying sub-90 degree temps here in the great State of Texas. Of course, it's supposed to be back up to the norm on Saturday when the mighty Baylor Bears take on Northwestern State. Should the outcome be similar to last week's game, you may not hear from me for a while.

And, trust me, that would be to your benefit...

0 comments: