Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Why? Because We Love You

So yesterday I was all caught up in Not Me! Monday!, which is hosted by MckMama, so I waited until today to share our most exciting weekend with you. I know, you were waiting with bated breath, right?

Hang on a sec, I need to open my Oats & Chocolate Chip Fiber One bar.

Will blog for food.

Seriously.

Sidebar: If you have not tried one of these, you must run - not walk - to the store. They are 140 calories of fabulosity and take care of even my sweet cravings. 

Back to the task at hand - last weekend was Dave's weekend off so we enjoyed a lovely family weekend complete with holding hands, singing camp songs and roasting marshmallows by the fire pit. 

Oh wait, I thought I was working on my fiction novel for a sec. Switching gears...

Saturday morning we took Dave's car to get the windows tinted. Because the GTO used to be my car, I can absolutely promise you that this was a necessity - not a convenience. Why, might you ask? Because it's black with black leather interior and we live in beautiful Central Texas where the summer temps average 130 degrees (only a slight exaggeration) or so. And because I occasionally wear shorts (and, by that, I mean torture the public), I know firsthand what a little steaming leather can do to one's skin.

It's not pretty, my friends.

We also ran over to JCPenney for a few necessities for Miss Thang, she got her tail worked off by Antonio at her weekly gym lesson (she's working hard to move up to the next level so we're doing a few privates for now...), and then we headed home so Dave could mow and I could clean house.

I know, we live on the edge, don't we?

After all of that physical labor, we decided going out to dinner was a necessity because we would just wither away without a Saturday evening meal full of carbs and fat.

Because none of us have energy reserves represented as a little extra cushion. Nope. Not us.

We decided on Poppa Rollo's, which is a Waco staple. You have to wait forever and the atmosphere is quite dusty but, seriously, the pizza is worth it. Particularly when you get an appetizer of nachos. 

Oh, sweet mercy, it was heaven to my mouth. We won't talk about which destination it was to my hips, though.

While there, I snapped a couple of pics with the camera on my phone, which apparently has a VERY bright flash. Don't worry - Dave and Tay were only temporarily blinded. All is well now.

Aren't they cute?


As we were walking (and, by that, I mean rolling) out the door, I had Tay pose for a couple of pics in the Herbie car. This car sits out front but has been cut in half so it's never in the same configuration twice. 

Obviously, we're easily amused.

Then again, after you've consumed a certain amount of calories, euphoria sets in.



Aren't you glad you scrolled through so you could see the car?

Me too.

Why? 

Because we love our blog readers.

Almost as much as chocolate.

Now that's sayin' something, people.

With that, I'll sign off. Stay tuned for pics of the puppy posse tomorrow, though. They have been up to some shenanigans, let me tell you...

0 comments: