Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, May 4, 2009

Not Me! Monday!


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week. 

You've probably seen the 'Pray for Stellan' button in the sidebar of our blog for a couple of weeks. MckMama is his mommy and we are SO THANKFUL they are back home where they belong this week instead of being in one hospital or the other!

Since I only began reading her blog a few weeks ago when precious Stellan was having a dickens of a time with SVT, this is my first time to read one of her Not me! posts but I just couldn't resist participating because I most certainly have some of these moments every week. And, in an effort to be increasingly transparent, I just need to 'fess up to them. It'll be cleansing to the soul, right?

Ok, here goes...

Last week I most certainly DID NOT take more time than needed to change clothes while Dave was in battle with a poisonous coral snake. I definitely did not do it on purpose just because I am a chicken. I did not make a second trip inside to pick up my camera so I could document it on my blog. And I most certainly didn't think my man was complete stud for taking its  head off with a shovel.

I also did not get all worked up about signing Tay up for church camp because they deemed it Pre-Teen Camp and thought it would make me feel better/less old if it was called Children's Camp.

When helping my little one pick out new undergarments at JCPenney this weekend, I never even came close to losing it with her because all she wanted to shop for were pajamas for aforementioned camp. Even though it's not until the middle of June.

After cleaning out the garage to the point we can park both vehicles inside at one time, I most certainly did not have to practice pulling in and backing out while my man observed. My reverse skills are absolutely not that bad.

While at Hobby Lobby on Saturday and bending down to find the perfect large decorative balls for a new glassware piece in the living room (by the way, I was ecstatic to find giraffe print balls to match my giraffe print pillows), my hubby never even thought about saying 'hey, Tay, watch this' before giving me a little tap on the shoulder. After which I, in no way, lost my balance and went tumbling down the aisle in a less than graceful fashion.

I did not cautiously look for more snakes every time I walked out of the house this weekend. My heart never skipped a beat or sped up and I didn't get that nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach at all.

Last night while watching The Celebrity Apprentice, I did not get all worked up over who was and was not fired. We did not vow to never purchase a Chicken of the Sea product again and we totally did not vow to never watch the show again because Trump 'just doesn't like people who don't play by his rules.' And I certainly did not talk to the television while this was going on. Because it's just TV and that would be CRAZY!

Finally, I am most definitely not looking forward to Dancing with the Stars this evening and praying that Ty Murray will kick some tail in hopes that he will last another week. Because he's not awesome. And I don't love him dearly. And I don't obsess over television shows. Because that would be nuts, right? And I have better things to do with my time.

And, most importantly, I'm not over the moon about putting up a new post so I don't have to look at those darn snake pictures anymore. No, really, I loved them! (insert facetious tone)

And I don't love Not Me! Monday! and will not be looking forward to Monday from now on because it's not the most awesome thing I've ever heard of. 

Not at all.

2 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I have to admit, taking a snake head off with a shovel is pretty darn cool. That is, if it is in a different state than me... Cool post!

Rachaellh said...

I loved reading your Not Me post tonight. I laughed myself silly!