Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day

This year the Memorial Day holiday brought us time to do something we don't usually have time for during a regular 2-day weekend. We actually did a whole lot of nothing, ate really well and got some good ol' fashion R&R.


Saturday and Sunday were the usual - golf, gym, zumba (my new exercise addiction), grocery shopping, house cleaning, church, a second t
rip to the Y and lots of laundry. Once Monday rolled around we were excited that Dave was actually off (no small feat when you are a healthcare worker) and we set out to just enjoy our day together.

We cooked a giant breakfast, grilled turkey dogs for lunch and wrapped up our culinary experiences with country style pork ribs for dinner...complete with homemade potato salad, baked beans and toasted french bread. It was delicioso!

Just ask Miss Taylor...

During the middle part of the day, Tay and I attacked her pig sty - I mean room - and used our organizational skills, along with the cute new fuzzy baskets we picked up at Ross, to transform her room and closet (heaven help me!) into usable space.

I am proud to announce that we were successful in that endeavor and it only took four hours. Yes, I said FOUR HOURS...but it was totally worth it. She's so excited that I've offered her 50 cents per week if she keeps it all spic and span without any intervention from the parental unit. Along with her regular chores, this nets her 50 cents per week. We don't pay for the others - it's just part of helping around the house - but this one I'm willing to go out on a limb for because it was ROUGH!!

Bo and Prissy weren't even in the room and look how worn out they ended up!



Of course, they also got some wrestling time in with Dave. It's a puppy posse tradition, after all. And, again, Perkie was too scared of the flash to hang out for long...

I also began reading The Shack, which I highly recommend to any and everyone. We spent the evening grazing on the BBQ and watching a Deadliest Catch marathon. I could liken cleaning Tay's room to this deadly job but we didn't earn over $1 million for our troubles so I won't...

Besides, holidays are measured by the number of good meals you eat and how long you stay in your jammies, right? In that case - we totally scored!
And I hope your family did as well :-)

0 comments: