Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, May 15, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Guest Room Edition


This week we're touring guest rooms over at Kelly's Korner. I must admit this is probably the most boring room in our home but, because we live so close to our families, it is rarely ever used by anyone except Bo, our boxer. In fact, when referring to it, we call it Bo's room.
Dave's son, Logan, used to frequent it but he's 16 now so you know what that means...job, driving and way too busy to hang out with fuddy duddies on the weekends! My grandmother lives in Louisiana but stays with my mom when she visits. She has a very small dog, Bailey, who would be a Scooby snack for our pups so it's just safer that way.
Hope you enjoy a glimpse into Bo's room :-)

The television is actually sitting on a table that houses a sewing machine. Obviously I don't now how to use it or it wouldn't be used as an entertainment stand.
These only got hung recently because they're kind of difficult so they definitely deserved a picture.


These are hanging over the bed.

Love the beaded lamp shade. I mean, who doesn't love beads, right?

The nightstand matched my parents old bedroom suite and was given to us when they got more modern furniture. Luckily, all of these random pieces are the same wood color so they work pretty well.


The picture is an ode to Texas bluebonnets. I have candlesticks in every room of my home, which you will see over the coming weeks. I LOVE them, MUST have them and - therefore - receive them as gifts all the time. The largest candlestick is a crystal one I received as a Christmas present from Drayton McLane, who owns the Houston Astros, when I did
his personal PR. (Was a good time to be there...remind me to tell you about the All-Star Game and World Series some time...)

This dresser matches my baby crib, which was also Tay's crib and was in her nursery. Love the sentimental value!

This rocking chair was my mom's and then mine and then Tay's...

Random pictures and Logan's handmade bat to take up some wall space.

There is actually a really awesome valance that needs to be hung on this window. I attempted to finish it out a couple of weeks ago but the rod and I got into a rather heated argument. I won but, by the time we finished, he was bent beyond recognition.

Looking in from the hallway.
Looking into the room from the hallway (a different angle).

This bedding was in my room at my mom's house and I absolutely loved it. So when she redecorated I gladly accepted the leftovers. It's kind of like going back in time.

Thanks for visiting - see you next week for the dining room!

1 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

LOVE the lamp! Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Nurse Boy