Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Show Us Where You Live - Dining Room Edition


Yes, I know I'm quite late getting our dining room up but, because I was such a slacker over the holiday weekend, I have a surprise for you...stay tuned...

But first, here's the dining room...when we moved from our house in Belton, we downsized from two eating areas (formal and informal) to one. Once Tay finishes elementary school, we're planning to buy a home that has both but, for now, you'll just get the nickel tour.

I kept our formal table because the other one was on its way to the furniture graveyard but took the center leaf out. There are only three of us so using only 4 of the chairs gives us each nice elbow room. And we have the additional chairs and center leaf handy if we need if...

This is the fabric I bought a few weeks ago so I could recover our chairs. Seems purchasing ones with a white fabric wasn't such a good idea after all...

There's our commemorative 'hey, the Astros went to the World Series' piece...

Since we don't formally entertain much, I keep some of our crystal on display...I can at least look at it on a daily basis, right?

The wall o' copper...

My mom gave me this candelabra. Remember, I heart candles so they're in every room...

Because I got in late on the whole 'Show us where you live' blog carnival, I'm also going to include my kitchen on this post because, really, they're in the same space so it just made sense.


The little one couldn't decide if she wanted to be in the photo or not so you're getting a sliver of a 'hello.'

The Holy Grail of the kitchen - soda, an old fashion gumball machine and homemade pound cake...m'mm m'mm good :-)

The sink...obviously...

Another angle...Dave opened the drawer in the corner the other day and the front came off...any bets on how long he'll take it fix it?

The often used, seldom scrubbed on the inside stove...

Miracle gadget of the room - the microwave!

We drink coffee so often (not!) that we only have a two-cup machine...





These were my man's brainchild and, I must admit, it was a great idea. We store our dishwashing liquid in these so it's always available but is also quite attractive...

I may or may not have accidentally ripped the front off of this drawer when I was a wee bit angry. Obviously it was on its last leg anyway, right?



A close-up of an old window my sister-in-law painted for Dave...I love it!

There you have it, my virtual friends, our dining room AND kitchen. It's a two for the price of one kind of deal :-)

0 comments: