Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, May 29, 2009

Show Us Where You Live - Children's Rooms Edition



So this week over at Kelly's Korner we're touring nurseries/children's rooms. Miss Taylor was SO EXCITED that her room would be featured this week and, luckily, I had already taken pictures as she got "big girl furniture" last fall so I'm actually posting on Friday. Shocker, right?

Also, since Mr. Linky misbehaved a bit last week, you can click here to see my dining room (which has a bonus of the kitchen) if you'd like.

Looking up from the foot of the bed...we've since had to take the flowers down because, even though they were super cute, they didn't adhere properly and always looked like drooping flowers. Also, instead of the globe on the right side table, she now has a purple lava lamp.
A fairy my grandmother bought Tay when she was very little. It's now hanging in the middle of the window, which you'll see in the next pic. In its place? A disco ball - every 9-year-old needs a disco ball and lava lamp, right?

This guy's name is Gatorade because I bought him for her while she had the flu last year and I was pushing Gatorade down her every hour :-)

Her dresser
Her closet door is where she hangs her Baylor traditions poster. Training her early, my friends!

View of her bed in its entirety. She originally had the lavender gingham quilt you see at the foot of the bed on her smaller bed. Because I imagine we're getting close to the "I must have a room with many bright colors that don't match at all" stage, we just bought a new down comforter in yellow and used the original bedding as an accent to tie everything together.

Sleeping in her new bed for the first time!

Thanks for visiting, virtual friends. We'll see you next week for the Home Office Edition!

1 comments:

Tara G. said...

I've so enjoyed seeing how the "big girl" rooms are being decorated! Cute!!