Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Let the Games Begin

So, what did you do last evening?

Perhaps you played a game with your children, cuddled with your spouse while watching a movie or did some yardwork or partook in some other constructive activity.

Now, you might ask what we did last evening?

Thanks for asking - we almost lost our minds with excitement that Ty Murray will be in the semifinal on Dancing with the Stars!!

You see, my hubby used to ride bulls in the PBR and numerous concussions, broken ribs and a bum knee later, can only watch from home each weekend while other (and, by other, I mean younger) cowboys take on the challenge of riding an untamable beast armed with nothing more than some spurs, a rope and a giant cowbell. 


After he gets said bum knee propped up, iced down and has a therapeutic level of Advil in his system, we get down to some bullriding fun.

Each. And. Every. Saturday. And Sunday. And. Sometimes. On. Friday. As. Well.

What does Tay do during this time? I thought you'd enjoy photographic evidence of her activities so here you go...


I'm totally kidding - she actually posed for this picture so I would have "a good sleeping picture" as opposed to a bad one apparently. She actually does this...

This one's closer to the truth because she spends a lot of time playing with the puppy posse (doesn't Bo look like he's having fun?) while wondering out loud 'why on Earth Davey ever thought that was smart.' 

Out of the mouths of babes, my friends. Out of the mouths of babes.

And I digress...

Back on task - so when Dave was participating in this activity (aka insanity) he got to know Ty a bit and just loves him. In a friendly sense, not a bromance or anything. So when it was announced that the 9-time PBR Champion (see, told you I've been brainwashed) was going to participate in this season of DWTS, I literally jumped up and down with glee because I knew we'd finally be able to watch it!

And we have. And we've voted. Many, many times. Even my man votes. It's amazing.

So this week, Ty was clearly underscored on the Argentine Tango and the Rumba because the judges were trying to force him out. (at least that's my take on it) What would a fan (and, by fan, I mean FANATIC) do when faced with this situation?

Why, she would begin to make up a ton of new email addresses so she could keep voting for Ty and save him from elimination.

And you know what?

It worked.

I didn't do it all by myself but I sure felt a rush of pure adrenaline last night when Li'l Kim was sent home (personally, I would have rather seen Melissa leave crying). I may have even jumped up and down. Repeatedly. And then grimaced a little because I had just worked out and it hurt. A lot.

My child may or may not have begun jumping on the bed. And I may or may not have let her. For about 10 minutes.

While my man pumped his fist in the air and exclaimed, 'Never underestimate a cowboy.'

There you have it, my friends.  We're living vicariously through Ty Murray and are darn proud of ourselves.

And we'll be right back at it next week. If only I can remember all of those user names and passwords.

Thankyouverymuch.

0 comments: